Cheek Implant / Cheek Augmentation Surgery in Bangkok, Thailand
In many cultures, people with high cheekbones are often considered attractive and beautiful. Many surgeons offer Cheek Implants or Cheek Augmentation to enhance a patient’s cheekbones, making their faces look beautiful and youthful.
There are many techniques and materials used in Cheek Augmentation surgery, including:
- Gore-tex (e-PTFE)
- PMMA (Customized Implant)
Who is a good candidate for Cheek Augmentation in Thailand?
Cheek Implant procedure or Cheek Augmentation is a highly individualized cosmetic surgery. It can be life-changing for patients who are self-conscious about their cheeks.
In general, a good candidate for Cheek Augmentation surgery is:
- A patient who is physically healthy
- A patient with stable weight
- Someone with realistic expectations and a positive outlook
- A patient at an age where facial growth is complete
How to prepare for Cheek Implant surgery?
In preparation for Cheek Augmentation, plastic surgeons may ask the patients to:
- Consult with a surgeon to discuss the goal and procedure (e.g. what they want out of cheekbone implants? What do they hope to achieve from the cosmetic surgery?)
- Discuss medical history with the surgeon
- Complete and pass a physical examination and lab tests
- Avoid Aspirin or herbal supplements to prevent increased bleeding
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before and after the surgery
- Refrain from consuming alcohol at least two weeks before and after the surgery
After Cheek Implant surgery, the doctor may apply gauze dressings or bandages to the incisions. Patients could also be placed on a liquid diet or required to use a special mouth rinse, depending on the technique used.
Other things that patients may be asked to do after Cheek Augmentation surgery include:
- Patients should elevate their heads for a few days after surgery to minimize the swelling.
- Using a facial bandage
- Eat a soft diet
- Use mouthwash to prevent infection
- Attend all follow-up consultations
Questions To Ask Plastic Surgeons Before Getting Cheek Augmentation in Thailand
Dedicated plastic surgeons will take care to answer every question that a patient may pose before and after performing plastic surgery. It is often advised for a patient to list the questions on a paper in advance of the consultation.
Some key questions to ask before getting cheek implants in Thailand include:
- Are you a board-certified plastic surgeon?
- Have you experienced performing other types of facial procedures, such as chin augmentation and neck lift surgery?
- Are my expectations for cheek implant surgery realistic?
- Will I be given general anesthesia or local anesthesia during the procedure?
- Does the procedure conform to international standards?
- Will I need to stop drinking alcoholic beverages prior to the cosmetic surgery?
- When do I need to return to the Bangkok plastic surgery clinic following the procedure?
- In case of emergencies, should I go straight to the cosmetic surgery center?