Thigh Lift Surgery in Bangkok, Thailand
A Thigh Lift is a cosmetic procedure used by doctors to remove excess fat and skin from a patient’s inner or outer thighs. A Thigh Lift is often recommended for individuals who have been through extensive weight loss. It may also be recommended in conjunction with Liposuction to better contour the inner thigh.
Who is a good candidate for Thigh Lift?
- Individuals who have a stable weight
- People with excess soft tissue along the inner or outer thigh
- Individuals without medical conditions that could impair healing
- People who can commit to a healthy lifestyle
- People with realistic expectations
How to prepare for Thigh Lift surgery?
In preparing for Thigh Lift surgery, a patient may be asked to:
- Consult with the surgeon
- Complete a physical examination
- Get lab tests, chest x-ray and a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust current medication
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol at least two weeks before and after the surgery
- Avoid taking Aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or herbal supplements to prevent increased bleeding
What are the steps of a Thigh Lift surgery?
The doctor will administer medications for the patient’s comfort during the surgical procedure. The medication may be given through intravenous sedation and general anesthesia, depending on the clinician’s recommendation.
The clinician will make incision patterns, which vary depending on the areas to be treated, the degree of correction, and the preference of the
For Inner Thigh Lift, the incision could extend downward from the groin and wrap around the back of the thigh. It could also extend from the groin down to the knee.
For Outer Thigh Lift, improving the contours may require an incision from the groin that extends around the patient’s hip and across the back.
Removing the fat
After the incisions have been made, the surgeon would remove excess fat from the patient’s underlying muscles. Drains may be placed beneath the incision.
The clinician will perform deep sutures within the underlying tissue. This helps form and support the newly shaped contours. The incisions will be closed using multiple layers of strong sutures to minimize scarring.
Thigh Lift procedures typically take four to five hours.
During a patient’s recovery period, small tubes may be placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood. The patient may also be asked to wear a compression garment for up to eight weeks to help decrease swelling and reduce recovery time.
The patient may also be asked to:
- Raise their knees when sleeping to reduce swelling
- Take stitches off seven to 10 days after the procedure
- Attend all follow-up appointments
- Avoid strenuous activities
It is important to note that patients may experience bruising, swelling, and some pain a few weeks after the surgery. However, patients who experience shortness of breath, chest pain or unusual heartbeats are advised to seek medical attention immediately.