Body Sculpting Surgery in Bangkok, Thailand
Body sculpting surgery is the aesthetic surgical procedure utilised to help patients reshape their bodies using liposuction. Usually, the areas with fat that need to be removed include the thighs, flanks, stomach, arms, buttocks, and back. Body sculpting surgery also includes procedures like fat grafting into flatter areas that require more volume.
Thanks to body sculpting surgery, the plastic surgeon will help the patients to design and create a body shape that is balanced with their structure through fat reduction.
Different Body Shapes
Everyone is unique in his own body shape, especially when talking about the distribution of the fat in our bodies. However, body shapes are divided into four major groups for females and three major groups for males.
Good candidates for Body Sculpting/Body Contouring procedure
The following are considerations for body sculpting surgery candidates:
- Men or women who want to improve their body shape after significant weight loss
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Possess realistic expectations for body sculpting procedure
- Exhibit good firm and elastic skin with good muscle tone
Body Sculpting Surgery Preparations
Follow these guidelines to prepare for your body sculpting surgery:
- Consult with an experienced surgeon about your issues and goals.
- Get a physical examination, including lab tests, X-rays, etc.
- Adjust medication before surgery if required.
- Patients must stop smoking at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
- All blood-thinning medications like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, hormones, and some supplements must be stopped 2 weeks before the surgery.
Body Sculpting Post-Operative Care
The following are important reminders for post-procedure care:
- The surgical wounds will drain bloody fluid on clothes and sheets for approximately 24-72 hours post-surgery. This liquid is put into the operative area to make fat removal safer.
- Patients should wear a compression garment all the time except when showering. This will help speed up recovery and reduce the swelling from the affected areas. Patients will be advised by the doctor when the compression garment is not in need anymore.
- Stitches will be removed seven days after the operation.
- Patients are encouraged to resume normal light activity at home. This is to keep fluids in the body moving and to help reduce the swelling.
- Patients may shower 24-48 hours after the operation. The use of soaps in the shower is allowed but it is strictly recommended not to scrub the surgical site. Dry the surgical areas with a clean towel.
- Avoid non-running water for two weeks after the surgery including pools, baths, lakes, oceans, hot tubs, etc.
- Lymph-drainage massages are recommended to remove excess fluids.
- Exercise may start again two weeks after the surgery if healing is proceeding well.
- Patients should attend all follow-up appointments.
Body Sculpting Surgery Complications And Side Effects
Some risks that come with body sculpting surgery include
- Potential seroma (treatable by drainage or surgery)
- Thromboembolism: Pulmonary Thromboembolism (PTE) happens because of pulmonary artery obstruction. It is important to keep track of the oxygen saturation and vital signs of the patients.
- Fat embolism
- Skin laceration
- Fibrosis (thickening and/or scarring of tissue)
- Poor or slow healing